Wednesday 21 March 2012

Done - resigned!

So D-day arrived yesterday. I did it - I resigned.

The day before, my boss was interviewing a possible temp to relieve me when I go on my 2-month holiday and my colleague who goes on maternity leave when I would get back to work. That took me by surprise a bit. I was planning on resigning on Friday, but then on Monday decided to tell her the next day (yesterday) rather than have continue planning for my 'leave'.

Monday it all hit me quite hard - I felt very emotional. 6 years of my life has been spent in that place. That's a long time. It feels unreal that it's all coming to an end. But at the same time I am so ready to leave it all behind.

Yesterday I felt calmer. When I explained to my boss why I'm resigning, she said was happy for me. Happy that I made the decision because she knows I was never happy. She said she has so much respect for me having made the decision and admires my courage and says that it will all work out.

Once it was over and done with, I felt so much better. I've been in limbo for months and now it's like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I feel free! I feel lighter. I feel happy. Now I can get on with the rest of my life.

I was so tired last night - emotionally drained, that I fell asleep at around 6:30pm and slept right through. 12 hrs of sleep! It was the most amazing sleep ever - the sleep of a free woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment