Monday 14 November 2011

My future life

Last week I had another session with my psychologist. She's great. She gives me such good advice and tips. Plus she's quite inspiring. She's disabled - comes up to my hip in height and has no arms. Yet she lives a full life - qualified psychologist, drives her own car, lives on her own, has traveled overseas. She functions like a fully fledged able-bodied person! Nothing holds her back. Amazing and inspiring.

Anyway, in a previous session I was given homework. I had to write about a life I want - but write in the present tense as if it were already so.

So the night before my session I scribbled this life down on a piece of paper and took it to my session.

I thought I'd share this - put it out there. So here goes... 

  • I live in the USA.
  • I am a writer.
  • I have written several short stories, blogs and articles.
  • I freelance for a magazine.
  • I work from home.
  • I am writing a book.
  • I own a boarding kennels.
  • I am actively involved in animal issues, something I also blog about.
  • I travel from time to time volunteering in various animal projects, and of course, write about it!
  • I am happily married and have 2 kids.
  • My husband is a Christian, tall, attractive, smart, funny, adventurous, caring and a family man.
  • I live in a 4-bedroom house with a big beautiful aquatic garden and a big bathroom.
  • I have a house full of pets.
  • I am a housewife (yes, I write and do all the above things and hopefully make money out of it but these things are all hobbies I pursued while being a housewife).
  • I have good quality friends.
I love this life - it's busy but I am happy and content.
I am fulfilled and at peace.

I cannot explain how happy I felt at the end of writing this! I love this life - I really do.

So the next step is to regularly read this and start to internalise it, visualise it and believe it.

This is the life I should be living.

No comments:

Post a Comment